Crown I-Tech 4000 Power Amp Rental
- Product Code:CROWN-ITECH-4000
- Availability:In Stock
Serious clean power for professionalsNo, it won't unload itself off the truck and hook itself in to the system for you, but the Crown I-T4000 does have a built in digital signal processor (DSP) and software to manage every aspect ..
Serious clean power for professionals
No, it won't unload itself off the truck and hook itself in to the system for you, but the Crown I-T4000 does have a built in digital signal processor (DSP) and software to manage every aspect of the systems operation. No PIP cards - a real onboard fully programmable DSP!
Crown I-T4000 at a Glance:
- Regulated Switch-Mode Power Supply and PFC (Power Factor Correction).
- Front-Panel Work Surface, LCD display.
- Digital Signal Processing (DSP).
- Integrated Networking.
- Direct digital inputs run with the amp's 24-bit/96 kHz converters.
- Industry's Highest Output Voltage.
- Light Weight.
Global Power Supply with PFC
Crown's new I-Tech series comes in three versions, the I-T4000, [url=http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/IT6000]I-T6000[/url], and the [url=http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/IT8000]I-T8000[/url] - all related to the combined power output at 4 ohms. The amps feature a global power supply with power factor correction (PFC). The I-T4000's regulated switch-mode power supply delivers full power regardless of mains voltage: from 120 to 277 volts, and from 50 to 60 Hz. What this means is that the amp can be taken anywhere on the planet and function, 85V - 277V. If you are in North America with voltages running from 110V to 125V, or in Europe with voltages from 230V to 250V Crown's I-T4000 will work with out needing a separate step-up or down transformer. PFC technology allows the I-T6000 to draw current from the mains in a more controlled and efficient way than non-PFC amplifiers, providing massive amounts of power from a single 20 amp breaker.
Front-Panel Work Surface (LCD)
I-T4000's front panel controls are set around an LCD screen that is backlit with white LEDs. All control aspects of the I-T4000 can be accessed from the front panel, with a laptop needed only for DSP programming. Having a network of I-Techs connected to the laptop management software is an amazingly functional tool. I-T4000's front panel LCD screen provides two valuable benefits never before seen on a professional amplifier: fast and easy menu based setup and full amplifier diagnostics. Basic menu controls include Bridge, Y Input, Recall preset, LCD contrast, and Input sensitivity. Advanced menus include Attenuator
limit, Attenuator link, Clip limiter, Output voltage limiter, Output power limiter, Pink noise generator, Monitor, Input, Max input, Power-up options, and more.
At the front of I-T4000 are the bridge mode, power and data indicators along with the "cool" green glowing (when power is present) power switch. Each channel has its virtual control knob (encoder), indicator lights, ready, signal, -20 dB, -10 dB being green with clip, thermal, and fault being red. For access to menu/DSP functions from the front panel there are menu/exit, next and previous buttons.
Crown engineers took advantage of the best-available technology and years of expertise to build a DSP section specific to I-Tech- one that performs with the audio quality you have come to expect from the best outboard analog signal processing components. The I-T4000's DSP has some truly innovative functions such as real time load monitoring, adjustable voltage gain, attenuators from 0 to 100 dB in 0.5 dB steps and error reporting for faults, thermal, voltage, or load monitoring problems. I-T4000's powerful DSP is also easy to set up, with your custom settings and factory-designed tunings easily loaded and recalled via onboard presets. By designing the DSP specific to I-Tech, with the latest technology and through careful attention to detail, Crown engineers designed a DSP section that achieves a level of accuracy and ease of use that is simply not possible with outboard DSP processors.
IQ Network provides the most powerful amplifier control and monitoring available, and it's tightly integrated into the I-T4000. I-Tech amps connect directly to IQ Networks, providing Crown's legendary IQ control over industry-standard Ethernet hardware. Using mature, off-the-shelf technology, Crown's TCP/IQTM protocol ensures reliable, easy to implement, and inexpensive network connectivity. Using the network, you can set every function of the I-T4000's DSP. Limiter settings alone involve clip, average power, and peak voltage. For creating speaker processing, you are given 64 assignable filters with nine different filter types and all forms of pass filters. Up to a two-second delay is also available per channel for time aligning components. These all can be compiled to up to 10 presets that are recallable from the front panel without using a laptop. So what does all this mean? Well, all you would ever need at front of house is a compressor/limiter (always for safety) and an EQ, no more crossover and speaker processing gear. If you have a digital console just a single cable to I-T4000. Sweet!
CobraNet digital audio options are available with Crown's proprietary "one-click" solution that integrates both TCP/IQ and CobraNet digital audio with a single network
AES/EBU Digital Inputs
Inputs to the I-T4000 are standard XLR as well as AES/EBU digital inputs. There is a link output as well for sending signal to other amps. I-T4000's outputs consist of Neutrik Speakon NL4s per channel with one NL4 taking both amp channel outputs down a single NL4. There are also five-way binding posts for each channel out. The direct digital inputs run with the amp's 24-bit/96 kHz converters. Frequency response is ±0.25 dB from 20 Hz to 20 kHz with the signal to noise ratio being >105dB Aweighted. The damping factor is an outstanding >5000 from 20 Hz to 100 Hz.
Industry's Highest Output Voltage
Today's high-performance loudspeakers need additional voltage drive to really come alive. The I-T4000 features the highest output-voltage capability of any professional amplifier. I-T4000's patented Interleave switch-mode design delivers a solid combination of high output power and a smaller, lighter weight package. Officially designated "Class-I," this break-through technology provides a clear advantage over conventional amplifier (Class-D) models by providing lower distortion, higher voltage, higher power, and greater reliability.
Digital Audio Inputs
(AES/EBU - CobraNetTM) I-T4000 features digital audio inputs for exceptional audio quality. With AES/EBU inputs (standard) or optional CobraNet version, I-T4000 provides your choice of today's most widely accepted digital audio formats.
The I-T4000 packs a lot of power in a small but rugged, 2U package. Weighing in at less than 28 lbs. (12.7 kg), the I-T4000 delivers unmatched power for its weight class, far outpacing the competition in watts/pound.
From the slightest nuances in the tremolo of a flute to the chest pounding bass of a rock 'n' roll kick drum to the harmonic rich vocals of a jazz singer, Crown delivers. Crown amplifiers are renowned for their ability to accurately amplify anything audio-with unmatched power and accuracy-night after night without fail.
Crown I-T4000 Applications:
- Touring sound companies.
Crown I-T4000 Power Output:
8 Ohm: 1250W
4 Ohm: 2000W
2 Ohm: 1800W
8 Ohm: 4000W
4 Ohm: 3600W
Crown I-T4000 Features:
- Level controls.
Slot for Crown IQ module.
- Compatible with Crown IQ system.
- Cirrus Logic 24-bit / 96-kHz Delta-Sigma converters for extremely low noise and extended dynamic range.
- Proprietary balanced Sallen and Key 3rd-order D/A output filter, tightly coupled to the Class-I output stage for improved signal-to-noise.
- Latest 32-bit Sharc digital processors by Analog Devices.
- Custom-designed, true studio-quality dynamics and frequency shaping filters.
- Channel Indicators
- For each channel, a column of LEDs indicate a full range of amplifier diagnostics and information, including Fault, Thermal, Ready, Clip, Signal Presence and Signal Level.
- Intelligent LCD Screen and controls lets you adjust the amplifier's attenuation and muting, configure the amp, recall DSP presets, and set up and view error monitoring. The presets allow you to quickly reconfigure the amp for various applications.
- Indicators: Power, Data and Bridge Mode.
- Power Switch: Glows green when AC power is present at the power cord.
- AC mains circuit breaker offers extra protection for the amplifier.
- Balanced analog XLR inputs.
- Balanced analog XLR daisy-chain outputs.
- Input Ground Lift Switch.
- AES/EBU Digital Input XLR Connector.
- Active Link/Out Connector.
- Accepts a connector from a TCP/IQ network cable.
- LINK ACT indicator shows network activity.
- 100 Mb indicator shows a 100 Mb network connection.
- Preset indicator blinks to indicate active preset; count flashes to determine number.
- IQ Data LED shows IQ link activity.
- 4-Pole Speakon® Output Connectors: Accept 2-pole or 4-pole Speakon connectors.
- 5-Way Binding Post Output Jacks: Accept banana plugs, spade lugs or bare wire.
- Displays attenuation in dB and on a bar meter.
- Peak Voltage Limiter sets output voltage limits, from
- 0 to 200 VOLTSPK.
- Pink Noise Generator: Adjust the noise level from 0 dB to -100 dB (off) in 0.5 dB steps.
- Preset: DSP settings tailored for a specific application.
- Monitor: Select thermal headroom, AC line voltage, load, error log, operating hours, amplifier firmware version, date code, or serial number.
- I-Tech comes with JBL VerTec tunings preloaded into presets.